logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Shasier  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2015 16:03:14(UTC)
Shasier

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
So, ye, I was struggling with the upgrade till yesterday and finally decided to go with it. But, must say it wasn't an easy decision to make...

After spending hours and hours of reading different expert reviews and visiting many related forums I was quite close to decide on not upgrading at all, ever! (or at least for as long as it's possible).

The main issue I have is that Windows has became a data-mining OS and its intrusion in my privacy went beyond of what I expected it to be... (keystrokes recording, tracking all my activity everywhere, making my PC a hub for downloads to other people in the net etc etc). I will not go deep into the problem (you can Google tons of in-depth info), but instead I will just post a link to one of the you-tube videos I've found that will show you how to disable at least some of the privacy issues.

Some of you maybe don't care about it, but myself I'm kind of shocked how deep they went into my privacy. So for those who feel the same, here's a link:

21:06:29 (RL) (Diacide): (Reins of the Twilight Drake) roll
21:06:36 Shasier rolls 100 (1-100)
21:06:53 Shasier has been kicked out of the guild by Golithir.
“Some have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil” (Samuel Johnson)
Offline Shasier  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2015 16:26:11(UTC)
Shasier

Man

To spicy it all up, check other videos of this guy (for example the one advertised in the right top corner of this one) or other videos people have made.
“Some have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil” (Samuel Johnson)
Offline MrChumble  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2015 19:21:03(UTC)
MrChumble

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I've upgraded, and I like W10 as an OS more than W7 & W8. But... the super invasive default settings really bugged me. I've turned off what I can, but can't say I really trust MS now (I did before, who knows why!)
Offline Shasier  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2015 19:58:31(UTC)
Shasier

Man

Oh yeah, I like it too, the OS part of it. The 'spying' part is really annoying though and some other stuff like auto-updates, which can cause your PC to loop infinitely if one of updates fails or breaks something.
Had few hardware and still have few minor software issues compatibility as well, but nothing major.
Offline Hal  
#5 Posted : 15 October 2015 21:06:05(UTC)
Hal

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Gotta say I LOVE win 10. Regarding the big brother part I'm already numbed. Tried stay away from Google way back but for me with limited knowledge it was more struggle then benefit.
Now I'm I mindless drone in the collective.
And... Shas...
I have.. a.. message for.. you
Resistance is futile! YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!
i play to much
Offline Kebabnissen  
#6 Posted : 16 October 2015 00:42:22(UTC)
Kebabnissen

Man
Norway

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 34 post(s)
What Hal said! :D
elder scrolls online: championlevel 360+ sorcerer @ EU-Megaserver
star wars - the old republic: level 55 trooper vanguard @ EU-the red eclipse (cybertech/scavenging/underworld trading)
war thunder: level 60 | air:tier 5 | ground: tier 4
world of tanks: tier 10 | jagdpz e-100 (germany) and more @ EU
world of warcraft: level 110 warrior/warlock @ EU-arathor (blacksmith/engineer)
world of warships: level 13 @ EU

Offline Dranella  
#7 Posted : 17 October 2015 01:20:57(UTC)
Dranella

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
As Hal said, Google already has your number, and if you have anything to hide, well, then don't do it, but also, don't post on forums like this! If you aren't doing anything bad, then you have nothing to worry about.

Your data is out there, for anyone who cares to dig about for already. Personally, win 10 is great, it's what win 8 should have been, much like win 7 was what vista should have been.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Hal  
#8 Posted : 19 October 2015 09:56:04(UTC)
Hal

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Well i do agree the data collect is all fucked up. And it gets a but funny when USA listens to Merkels phone. I mean, who dont the germans listen on? And the cables passing Sweden from russia to europe is sooo collected in sweden and forwarded to US and A.
So no, we as people might not be that affected but i think its a hugh problem when it comes to company espionage, and maybe in general, in what kind of world do we wanna live in.
In sweden its forbidded to open and read another persons post, but when it comes to mail and internet, everyones asses are fair game.
i play to much