logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Varokin  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2013 21:27:03(UTC)
Varokin

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Player information
* Your name: Nick
* Any silly nickname from childhood?: Niko
* How old are you in real life: 16 (I know the limit says 18!)
* Where do you live: England, United Kingdom
* At what times are you usually online: Most days from around 18:00 - 00:00

Character information
* Name: Varokin
* Class / Specialization / Race: Warlock // Allifction // Blood Elf
* Current Level: 90
* Total time played on this char: 89 days
* Tradeskills (including secondary skills and level): 610 Enchanting, 600 Tailoring
* Your profile in Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow...maelstrom/Varokin/simple

* Explain briefly your Talent choice of each Talent tier
Tier 1 - Dark Regeneration - I prefer Dark Regeneration over Harvest Life because it's viable when there's not a lot of adds around during a fight, so it's essentially usable all the time when needed.
Tier 2 - Mortal Coil - Probably the most useful out of the three in tier 2 as it provides a reasonable self heal and a fear compared to the other two which is brilliant for raiding, especially fights such as Will of the Emperor when old guild attempted it.
Tier 3 - Dark Bargain - The other talents in this tier both involve demons, which I don't use as I use Grimoire of Sacrifice for Affliction.
Tier 4 - Unbound Will - Again the most useful out of the three, useful for those stuns during boss fights.
Tier 5 - Grimoire of Sacrifice - The best talent for an affliction warlock as it offers the biggest DPS increase compared to the other two.
Tier 6 - Kil'jaedens Cunning - Offers brilliant mobility during fights which any warlock couldn't do without :D

* Are you ready to occasionally play as a different role than your main spec? Yeah, I don't really mind switching specs if it's needed as I enjoy all the warlock specs at the moment.

* List your Alts: Homedog 88 Paladin, Essos 84 Druid, Naruat 71 Hunter and some other low levels. These all are horde.

The basics
* Which specific days can you raid? (raid times are from 19:00 until 23:00): I can easily do every weekday without a doubt.
* Will you be active reading and using our forums?: Definitely, as I really enjoy reading an active forum.
* You understand that when joining MO we expect you to be available as a resource for the guild?: Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be applying :).
* Have you read and accepted the Code of Conduct?: Yeah
* Do you have pink goggles? (example): I roll with black shades.

Guild and raid information
* Your raiding experience
Vanilla: Didn't play
TBC: I joined in 2008 and towards the end of TBC I joined a guild called Theridion who cleared Karazhan and ZA. We didn't really touch 25 mans that much as it was a small guild plus Wrath was looming.
WotLK: At the start of Wrath I was in a guild called Agnus Dei who I was a member for around a year. We cleared Naxx 25, EOE 10, I did a little bit of Ulduar with them (10 man) until I quit around the time of 3.2 for a month or two. I came back and found that the guild was going down the tubes and I joined a few of the members of who left in a guild called Foxy Fighters. There I cleard ToC 25, parts of ICC 10 and parts of ICC 25. I was raiding casually and not regularly which is why I didn't get full clears.
Cata: Didn't raid for the majority of Cata, however around the start of 4.3 I was in a small guild on Alliance Kazzak and we managed to clear 5/8 DS before the guild went inactive.
MoP: Right now I'm at 5/6 MSV, would be more but my guild was extremely inactive and we weren't able to put together a full raid team mostly.

* Guild history (including why you left): One Man Pocket Raids is the guild I used to raid in MoP with, however I stopped because the guild leader kind of gave up with raiding. I'm still a part of the guild but I've made it clear that I'll probably be leaving as it's really inactive anyway.
* Friend’s in MO: None yet :)
* Why do you wish to join MO: I first saw the message on the trade chat so I looked up the guild. After that I had a small chat with Arelis about the guild and it seems pretty solid and I love to be a part of it.
* What are your expectations from MO?: A friendly environment with determination to down bosses but having fun at the same time.
* In what way would you take your responsibility as a member of MO?: Obviously I'd always be around to raid but also I'd always be around to help out other people in the guild and definitely not be silent on the guild chat.
* Are you currently applying to other guilds than MO? No
* What makes a good guild? Basically the same as my expectations, a friendly environment with determination to raid but still have fun. Also the activity!
* How did you find out about us? Through trade chat and WoWProgress.

One last thing, as I said earlier I know it says your limit is 18, but I think due to my raiding history and the amount of time I've played WoW my app shouldn't be dismissed because of it :)

Edited by moderator 03 February 2013 19:13:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Diacide  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2013 22:38:11(UTC)
Diacide

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi
I hope it is ok I reply here, even though I am not a part of the maelstrom guild :)
Your talents, gems, reforging and glyphs seems a little random,
Do you know this site?
Icy Veins
thanks 1 user thanked Diacide for this useful post.
Varokin on 31/01/2013(UTC)
Offline Varokin  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2013 23:04:35(UTC)
Varokin

United Kingdom

I use icy veins and I don't see how any of those things are random, as I usually follow them. I use the hit gems mainly because it lets me hit the hit cap earlier and allows for more flexibility while reforging instead of reforging everything to hit :) Although some of the recommended gems from the site have changed recently so I'll probably update the 160 intellect ones to the ones recommended.

EDIT: I've updated some of the gems with the newly recommended gems from icy veins, I haven't checked the site in a while for my lock as I didn't realise they would rehaul the recommended gems so soon

Edited by user 31 January 2013 23:21:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skatofatsas  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2013 14:16:27(UTC)
skatofatsas

Greece

Hello m8 Shockwave here.You need to check your major glyphs.Glyph of soul shard is ok.Remove Glyph of soul consumption and Glyph of dark soul.Use glyph of soul swap its a lot better for HC fights where we are atm.As a third glyph you need to change depending on the encounter.
1)Glyph of siphon life is nice if the fight envolves low aoe dmg(useless to fights where there is no dmg and heavy aoe dmg)
2)Glyph of Healthstone very nice to almost every fight where you need a lot of healing but not instantly.For example 2nd boss heroic in HOF phase 2 while you are running avoiding tornados with 1 healthstone you reach the other side full hp.
3)Glyph of life tap for fights where there is not heavy aoe dmg but even in fights with heavy aoe dmg if you watch your timers using this glyph correctly will be very usefull for healers since you will run out of mana twice or more on encounters longer than 5-6mins.
Thats about your glyphs.About your gems now.Above 484ilvl 80int 160mastery > 160int you are correct at this part but at yellow and prismatic socket go pure mastery(320mastery gem)its better than 80int 160mastery gem.Write down your stats in a paper and after that remove all your 160hit 160mastery gems replace them with the gems i mentioned above reforge and compare your stats again.I am sure you will be hit capped and you will have more mastery than you have now.
Last but not least use Reforgelite addon for reforging your items.I see you are at 15.21%hit.Using reforgelite this 0.21% which is useless at hit will go to another stat.
Thats all from me.Good luck with your application m8
thanks 1 user thanked skatofatsas for this useful post.
Varokin on 01/02/2013(UTC)
Offline Varokin  
#5 Posted : 01 February 2013 17:28:39(UTC)
Varokin

United Kingdom

Cheers for the feedback mate, and a real big thanks for that addon. I've tried to do reforging manually and having that will make it so much easier. When I get home I'll work on replacing the gems and the glyphs :)
Offline doomday  
#6 Posted : 02 February 2013 15:41:35(UTC)
doomday

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thank you for your application. Officer team will discuss it and you should get answer in few days. Good Luck!
Offline Supercow  
#7 Posted : 03 February 2013 19:12:31(UTC)
Supercow

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You have been ACCEPTED to the guild!

You will be invited for a trial (usually about 2-3 weeks depending on activity). During that period you will be evaluated and may be granted a full membership after the trial period is up. Gaining the Member status requires high raiding activity, skill with playing your class, being prepared for the raids and also showing friendly and dedicated attitude.
The reward for all of the above is getting loot and raid invite priority over Initiates, so good luck on your way to the top! :]

Welcome to smelly family of Mystical Odour!
Please contact one of the officers ingame for an invite. (Doomday, Kaghar, Nervath, Arelis)

Edited by moderator 03 February 2013 19:41:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

He came, He saw, He conquered! He is SUPERCOW!