logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Koningz  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2012 15:51:35(UTC)
Koningz

Netherlands

Player information
* Your name: Thom (i can not provide u with my sirname cuz of my future career, sorry this might seem strange or arrogant, but i have been warned for it a couple of times already. if you would like to know my name i'll tell you in game)
* Any silly nickname from childhood?: -
* How old are you in real life: 20
* Where do you live: Harderwijk, The Netherlands
* At what times are you usually online: Depends on what days in the year. In my vacation period, i will be online most of the times between 12:00 - 23:00. Of course i'll spend time with friends and stuff but i can't tell you when at this point, therefore it's a wide range of being online. In non-vacation periods, i can't tell really. Most of the times i will be online in th eevening, from 18:30/19:00.

Character information
* Name: Koningz
* Class / Specialization / Race: A tauren restoration druid, with balance offspec for dailies.
* Current Level: 90
* Total time played on this char: 84 days, 9 hours and 44 minutes.
* Tradeskills (including secondary skills and level): Herbalism/Alchemy, 615/600 (elixir master).
* Your profile in Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow...maelstrom/Koningz/simple

* Explain briefly your Talent choice of each Talent tier: I chose for this talent tree because i create my class according to noxxic.com. Besides i do check if it's logical what they show on their website. The first talent point i put in feline swiftness. Displacer beast is pvp talent or a levelling talent(so u can get out of combat), and wild charge has a cd of 15 seconds+ it's not really relevant for me being a restoration druid. i think movement speed overall is more important. Besides the hots while walking i can even be more dynamic.\
The second talent i put in nature's swiftness, because renewal is again more for pvp and for catform because it's a percentage instead of removing the cast time. It will take approximately the same time for me to use NS + ehaling touch to heal for more than 30%, and NS provides me with the ability to heal others instantly as well with is an opportunity being a healer. Cenarion ward is more like a defensive hot. I do have several hots already and i think a huge emergency heal will be more efficient and important than another defensive hot(with a 30sec cd)
The third challenge i chose for typhoon because faerie fire is not really relevant for raiding. The tank will tank the boss and there will be more than enough slows (IF EVEN necessary) to put on the boss (if this is even possible). The the choice has to be made between mass entanglement or typhoon. Entanglement is to kinda freeze players without getting dmg. this is not really relevant if you ask me because most of the times you can not root a boss and besides, the tank tanks teh boss(again) and therefore such a spell is not really important. So typhoon is the spell that is left behind without being criticized. I see typhoon as a not REALLY useful spell, but for trash it can be helpful to interrupt and push back the targets, so we as healers have some more time to heal up the group before they take dmg again. I see this spell as a defensive spell which can be helpful sometimes. The extra interrupt by the pushback convinced me to take that talent instead of mass entanglement.
4th talent. Soul of the forest seems to be very good but after healing some raids and hcs i came to teh conlcusion that i do not really cast much. I mainly use rejuv lifebloom and wild growth. ofcourse i use nourish to reset my lifbloom on the target and regrowht as emergency heal(+ normal cast because it heals 9 out of 10 times the same amount of HT + its a faster cast). Therefore the efficiency to have that talent is very low if you ask me compared to the 2nd option incarnation. This is the tree of life form for emergency situations. lifebloom on all targets increased healing 1 wildgrowth extra target and (the ooming but really good healing part) the instant regrowths makes it really easy to increase your healing output if necessary. Than the force of nature as 3rd option is pretty vague as a description. i didn't try it out yet, but i think it's useless if you compare it to incarnation (which might be the best spell out of the whole tree).
the 5th talent is ursol's vortex, again this is a pretty uselss row for a pve resto druid. disorienting roar is sth like fear and all the other ccs commonly used in pvp. I think it's useless in the bosses that are shown in msv and hof atm, if i'm wrong i'm willing to take that talent if it's necessary though. ursol's vortex, my choice in combination with typhoon is an amazing spell to provide the healers to heal up and its a good aoe cc, not really cuz of the slow but mainly because of the pull back of the spell. Mighty bash as 3rd option is useless because i'm 9 out of 10 not even in melee range + most bosses are not even stunnable. Also a lot of other characters do have stuns and interrupts, but agian if it's necessary i'll take that talent.
The last but not least, the 6th row, i chose for nature's vigil just to increase your helaing output besides or even COMBINED with incarnation. it provides me the ability to emergency heal twice or once massively. it also gives me an opportunity to do some extra dps on the boss which will be aorund 10k. it's not much but it's something and can be (even though it should not be) the last % to kill a boss. Heart of the wild has a huge cd of 6minutes and provides me with an ability to perform extra in another shapeshift. This seems to be usefull in pvp but not really in raiding. Dream of cenarius is a spell for boomkins in pvp i think. it provides the player with healing bonusses on their spells (tranq is not affected). This will not be a significant increase to use as resto.

* Are you ready to occasionally play as a different role than your main spec?
I think i'm not. I recently got asked by my brother to play boomkin, meaning i have to reforge only if i want to become a proper dps because of the secondary stats priority that is different. I thought about it and i do not really like dpsing. i don't mind switching for 1 or 2 bosses because i will reach some dps with resto gear, but playing fully boomkin won't attract my attention. Playing as a tank, yeah i did think about it. Nowadays with MSV(havent done hof yet) i think being a tank is way better. Instead of holding aggro and trying to do some dps you also/you mainly have fight mechanisms for tanks on bosses which you have to do properly else you will wipe the raid. I'm collecting tank gear slowly, but i'll keep spending my VP for ersto gear atm. Being a feral dps will be my last chioce, i rather go boomkin than feral.

* List your Alts:
Affectioned 85 affliction/demonology warlock
Daggering (somethink like) 63 combat/subtetly rogue

The basics
* Which specific days can you raid? (raid times are from 19:00 until 23:00): No specific days, i hav elots of spare time, i need to plan raids into my schedule.
* Will you be active reading and using our forums?: To be honest, no. i alwasy forget and i do not like forums. a forumi s total chaos if you ask me. but if it's required, i'll try to read it actively.
* You understand that when joining MO we expect you to be available as a resource for the guild?: Yes, of course, else it's no use to accept me in the guild.
* Have you read and accepted the Code of Conduct?: Yes i did quickly. I'll do it again afterwards.
* Do you have pink goggles? (example): No i do not. It might be a test or a joke but i do not get it:X

Guild and raid information
* Your raiding experience
Vanilla: -
TBC: I had a char at lvl 70 and i got hacked, than i got mad and quit wow for some timexD I was kidna young at that stage.
WotLK: Naxx 10 - stopped - ICC
Cata: Started levellign, i was at the time trying to do BOT. never got a proper spot, i quit i gues(not even sure). Came back and FL was still busy. Started to collect the new hc pieces and get properly geared. Bought lots of VP things. DS came and i started raiding this raid. I came to spine with nerds.inc, finally killed spine. Than i got asked by world painted blood to join their raid once. I was really enthusiastic, went with them, 1 shot till spine (1/8 hc), 2 shot madness. Then the leader of nerds.inc became angry at me. I started a new study was done with DS and nerds.inc and quit wow. I did some FL bosses in between, never killed ragnaros though. I started wow in the summer break again, did DS hc with my brother and friends, at least tried it with an own guild. We rejoined nerds.inc, because the guild had made significant changes.
MoP: Started 2 weeks ago, now pugging some MSV. Good tanks who understand the mechanisms are hard to find. I cleared 1/6 but i have knowledge on 6/6 as a healer.

* Guild history (including why you left): Before i'll start, i don't want to call names at players or ruin guilds or anything but i need to explain what happened so it might seem this way.

Nerds.inc, as i explained i cleared ds faster because i ran one run with WPB. I discussed this with the guildleade rof nerds.inc, he did care, but he understood and gave me 1 week off (i was a backup healer because 3 officers were healers). i cleaerd it at one night, i could join WPB which ir eally wanted to because they made fun in between killing bosses which is very important for me. It felt comfortable raiding with them, and it was kinda awkward raiding with nerds.inc (i do not relaly know how to explain). World painted blood changed realm, and they sadi i could join, but i knew i would start a new study and therefore it would be vague for me to join all their raids, so i chose to stay on the maelstrom with lots of familiar ppl. I quit wow but did not quti teh guild. last summer i came back and was guildless because of private reasons(not because of me, not because they hated me or sth, but because of something else happened in the guild in between the time i stopped and came back). I had a logn talk about joining, but it wasn't clear for me to get a raiding spot and tehn my brother and friends were properly geared and we started to do our own ds. we cleared ds easily but hcs was a pain (guildname: cartels). Hc's just did not work with these players because they did not know how to reach proper dps with their gear because of lack of reforges and rotation. I joined nerds.inc again under some circumstances, like i would get to fill the 2nd raiding team with my good players from the cartels guild and i would lead team 2 together with someone else. This wasn't going to happen, i asked why. Was a long story about progress, wel to keep this long story short, the promises that has been made were not going to become reality. So becuase of a misunderstanding that i asked someone to pug with me and stuff i got kicked out. Well if you want to knwo the whole story i can pm u about it and as i said before i'm nog going to ruin or call names about players or guilds. Anyways i got kicked out, stopped playing cuz i couldn't be arsed pugging again, and i started 2 weeks ago. I first wanted to gear up before applying, and here i am now.

* Friend’s in MO: I gues none, even though i might see some familiar names.
* Why do you wish to join MO: Because i think it's a good guild with good standards and players. they know what they are doing, playing since vanilla and i would love to help them out and get some progress on raids. Besides i think it's a good guild socialy as well.
* What are your expectations from MO?: To have progress runs, be HONEST & FAIR to their (new) members. that's the only thing i ask of them, honesty.
* In what way would you take your responsibility as a member of MO?: To be a good example for other players and to take care of the guildname that's shown above ur head. meaning i will not swear or call names eventhough i'm mad at players. I'll try to be as gentle as possible and i'll try to stay professional.
* Are you currently applying to other guilds than MO? No, this seemed to be the best guild for me. TYherefore i'll first wati for this response, and if it's a no i'll think of others.
* What makes a good guild? The social aspect. It's all about teamwork and being united. By having fun with eachother and by having experience with raiding with eachother will show you progress. The fact that i do not mind a guildie to wipe because we have fun all the time and stuff and teh feeling that he'd think the same if i would wipe teh raid will avoid irritations (which will lead to less focus). therefore the focus will be high and that's all u need to make progress in raids. Besides the guilds progress, having the feeling that you are kinda home, and that youf eel comfortable in the guild makes the guild good.
* How did you find out about us? By shouting someone in trade channel about needing a healer, and i saw you couple of times in cata and in mop already.

Edited by moderator 12 November 2012 22:35:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline doomday  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2012 21:18:27(UTC)
doomday

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thank you for applying. We will discuss your application with officers and you should get answer in few days! Good luck!

Edited by user 10 November 2012 19:13:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Koningz  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2012 00:49:10(UTC)
Koningz

Netherlands

Thank you, please take your time.
Offline doomday  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2012 22:34:46(UTC)
doomday

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey Koningz.

After discussing your application, we came to the conclusion that we would have to decline you for the following reason:
We are looking for an exceptional healer at this point and we are afraid you are not the one we are looking for.

We wish you the best of luck to find a guild that suits you best!