logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline stix  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2014 22:17:46(UTC)
stix

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
well, it seems my old lg fltron 1918s is dying, so ´m looking for a new monitor to pair with my samsung t240hd....
not looking for "anything" in particular other than screen size 24",mostly cos i sucks on games, not going to do anything related to photography or something like that.....but i´ve become used to the dual screen ^_^

actually i´ve some that i´d like but not sure if i´m choosing the right ones...these 3 are which i like more...but any help is wellcome ^_^

http://www.pccomponentes...dell_p2414h_24__led.html (have USB,adjustable heigth)

http://www.pccomponentes..._u2412m_24__led_ips.html (more or less like the previous one, but 16:10 /1920x1200 like the samsung)

http://www.pccomponentes...ed_24__led_hdmi_dvi.html (good price, and it´s said is nice for games)

Offline Nam  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2014 08:09:23(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I guess you need to figure out exactly what you want, and what your budget is.

- size: 24"
- 16:9 or 16:10?
- Response time: 2ms?
- Speakers?
- USB?
- adjustable height?

This is what we have now:
http://www.pccomponentes..._gl2460_24__led_dvi.html

I bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my wife, and they work great for both office work, and gaming ( I have no ghosting, no video lag etc while playing FPS's - Tested with Titanfall beta as well, and it looked awesome )

I checked the 3 monitors you suggested, and I would go for the BenQ ( your last one ) over a Samsung any day. I've owned Samsung monitors, and after switching to BenQ, I really think the Samsung ones are overpriced / overrated, compared to the BenQ. But again, it's what you need from a monitor, to make a decision on which one to buy.

It's of course also a personal taste, not everyone likes the looks of the BenQ ( they're pretty boring to look at )..
30 second countdown, someone posts tactics:
"All the noobs rush the hill and the rest def"
random guy: "What is def?"
"You rush the hill..."
Offline stix  
#3 Posted : 05 March 2014 20:41:56(UTC)
stix

the only real"must" for me is size, i want 24" to match with my other monitor.speackers aren´t needed as long as the samsung t240hd have speakers....and i use mostly headphones.
Usb are handy...not really needed.adjustable heigth is nice....not really needed.i´d like 16:10 more than 16:9(again to match the samsung).the response timming is good...but considering i suck at any FPS...don´t think a couple of ms would help me....i´d need the other players having like 3 secs lag insted xD
my"cap" on money is under 300€....the further,the better lol xD
oh, and that´s one of the monitors i looked at ^_^
Offline Nam  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2014 21:43:11(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm not sure there are that many 16:10 "gaming" monitors ( response time <4ms ) out there, at least not for a good price. I feel that the Dell UltraSharp U2412M is way overpriced for what you get, compared to screens with 16:9 ratio ( 8ms reponse time!!! o.O )

For that money, you can almost buy 2 screens m8, so you wont have to match your samsung 16:10 :D
30 second countdown, someone posts tactics:
"All the noobs rush the hill and the rest def"
random guy: "What is def?"
"You rush the hill..."
Offline stix  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2014 00:39:08(UTC)
stix

after a loooooooot of time looking for something...finally decided to floow your advice.....i think i´ll get the new monitur this week ^_^
were thinking about the GW series(va panel...30€ more euros)....but i know that doing it, i´ll start thinking..."well... then why not this X ine whith is only 5 more...or that Y one for just another 10....and end spending 999€ for something i won´t ever use properly :P so just hope there are no dead pixels and i´ll be happy ^_^