logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

stix Offline
#1 Posted : 22 December 2013 17:29:23(UTC)
stix

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
There is an alpha version of this game that seems promising....
i wonder if any1 know about it or is going to give it a try....cos maybe we could even meet in the forest ^_^
Cronos Offline
#2 Posted : 23 December 2013 01:56:12(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
i played the day z mod alot , and have tried the stand alone .

its shit.

how they say they spent well over a year on this i call lieing bastards.

he spent too much time climbing mt everest and going on his little world tour trying to be a rock star.
Nam Offline
#3 Posted : 08 January 2014 16:34:50(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Tried this last night, and yea, it has bugs ( like zombies walking through walls, and sudden server crashes ). But, get a group together ( we were 7 people ), and its really good fun. And there are regular patches, and it is early alpha, so just report what you find, and they work on it. Game engine seems a bit dodgy at times, but yea, still had fun.
30 second countdown, someone posts tactics:
"All the noobs rush the hill and the rest def"
random guy: "What is def?"
"You rush the hill..."
Nam Offline
#4 Posted : 15 February 2014 14:40:47(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

So, I now have 100+ hours in DayZ SA, and I have to say, they're really doing a great job at improving the game. The engine seems a lot more stable than it did just a few weeks ago. Every wednesday morning from 07.00h GMT, the servers go down for maintenance for 3-4 hours. They're pretty fast with fixing bugs, and lots of goodies get added every week.

I'm mainly playing the game alone, or with 1 friend, which means running to specific places is a lot faster, since you don't have a whole group that needs to stay together. The flip side is, you're alot more vulnerable with just 1 or 2 people. We've seen groups of 7-8 players working together to rob us from blood, food, and ammo..

Many people playing SA are comparing it to the mod too much. Which, if you ask me, is really sad. Dean(Rocket) Hall and Bohemia are really working hard on making SA a great game, yet a lot of players are complaining constantly that the servers are buggy, loot is spawning in unreachable places ( like under floors ), some mechanics get you killed ( I got killed from standing too close to a window on the 6th floor and switching weapons.. caused me to fall out of the window to my death ). So yea, there's still a lot of work to be done. People do forget it's an Alpha though, and feel entitled to get everything they had in the mod, because they paid to be able to play SA.
There's a huge warning on Steam before you buy the game: WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. Also, every time you start the game, you are reminded of this.

Needless to say, I enjoy this game very much, and it's only going to get better! If you are playing, please add me on steam ( SteamID: Angr78 ) and maybe we can get a real (bandit)squad going some day?
"You rush the hill..."
Cronos Offline
#5 Posted : 16 February 2014 22:12:44(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

this game is no longer about zombies but about pvp.
Nam Offline
#6 Posted : 16 February 2014 23:16:35(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

Originally Posted by: Cronos Go to Quoted Post
this game is no longer about zombies but about pvp.

Temporarily, yes... but only until they optimize the performance of the engine, so it will allow for more ( many many more ) zombies, without affecting gameplay. Right now, having more zombies, will only result in serious lag ( server lag ), which will make the game unplayable. I think they've made the right choice for now, starting off with servers that are running smooth for gameplay, while they work in the background on the engine.

So, saying this game is "no longer" about zombies is not true. It's still very much about zombies, but in the state of which the engine is in at the moment, they prefer playability over high numbers of zombies/npc's/wildlife etc. etc.
"You rush the hill..."
Cronos Offline
#7 Posted : 20 February 2014 22:00:00(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

so they keep adding more guns and stupid shit like handcuffing other players but they cant be bothered to make the game optimal to the whole point of it?

dean hall is a retard.

all i ever see him talk about on twitter is how he enjoys seeing players killers.
Nam Offline
#8 Posted : 21 February 2014 12:06:09(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

so they keep adding more guns and stupid shit like handcuffing other players but they cant be bothered to make the game optimal to the whole point of it?

Well, what you call stupid, I really enjoy. I like the new guns and other stuff that's being added. I also think it's really fun to run with a few people, and find some guy, take him hostage with handcuffs, and steal some of his blood, to replenish blood on someone in my group who's been shot or lost blood.

You clearly have no idea what they're doing though. When I started playing DayZ, I had around 20fps everywhere, and couldn't get into a major city, because my fps would drop to around 5. Now, several weeks later, I get a solid 60fps everywhere, and around 40-50 fps in cities. I think that's pretty good optimization, even though they said the real optimization would start when they start the beta testing ( this is still alpha ). They add alot of stuff, to find out if it will cause major bugs ( sometimes it does ). That's alpha!

There's programmers, who deal with writing and maintaining the code for the game engine
There's designers, who come up with ideas and raw sketches
There's 3d modellers, who take those ideas and turn them into ingame items
There's scripters, who take those items, and create code that can be used in the engine
There's programmers ( the same ones I started with ), who place that code in the engine, and stuff breaks.

The programmers have to look in the code of the (INSERT RANDOM ITEM HERE), which the scripters wrote, why this code is fucking up (INSERT RANDOM BUG HERE)... In the meantime, the designers, modellers and scripters have come up with 3 new items, and would like that implemented as well. Dean goes "Hey guys, idea here, but we have 1 million+ people, who committed to testing this game for us, they all paid 24 euro's to be part of the alpha testing group. Lets have them test it." And part of the community goes "FUCK YOU DEAN, YOU RETARD, FIX GAME, FIX BUGS, YOU SUCK, GIEF VEHICLES, CRY, WHINE, BITCH, MOAN" ( Yes Cronos, YOU! ). That's what you paid for, they give you bugs, you report said bugs, and you move on. Don't like it, GTFO but don't complain about it, because you did that to yourself.

I understand why some people don't want to deal with bugs, an underperforming game engine and an incomplete game. Guess what? You dont have to! You get enough warnings BEFORE you buy the game, saying that this all will happen. If you ( anyone ) decide to ignore that warning, and THEN complain about bugs, there's really only one person to blame for that, and I don't feel sorry for you ( anyone ).

dean hall is a retard.

Guess it takes one, to know one...

all i ever see him talk about on twitter is how he enjoys seeing players killers.

Not sure who you're talking about, but I see him talk about a lot more than that. Also, there's the twitter feed of DayZ Dev., which is not some developers personal twitter but the Dayz developers team, where info about the game is tweeted. If I post funny stuff on my facebook, does that mean I suck at my job?????

I'm guessing you're ( and yes, this is personal against you, even though I don't know you ) just upset/pissed off you can't play DayZ, as you played the mod. Well, if you had read about the game, the roadmap for development etc., before you bought the game, you would have known DayZ standalone would be different from the mod in many many ways. I wouldn't have bought the game, if I didn't know what it would be about. You got what you paid for, you ignored the warnings, and then you start whining... Sorry man, but I really do not feel sorry for you, and you're the same type of person that would constantly be complaining on the DayZ forums as well. Every time there's patchnotes with awesome new stuff, there's people whining that there's no vehicles and that there are bugs that need fixing. They know all that, and things will get fixed, when they get fixed.

"You rush the hill..."
Cronos Offline
#9 Posted : 22 February 2014 03:39:35(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Nam Go to Quoted Post

Guess it takes one, to know one...

Grow up will you, its embarassing.

If you can't take bad criticism of a game without retorting to personal insults then its time to walk away from the scene.
Cronos Offline
#10 Posted : 22 February 2014 03:43:48(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

"FUCK YOU DEAN, YOU RETARD, FIX GAME, FIX BUGS, YOU SUCK, GIEF VEHICLES, CRY, WHINE, BITCH, MOAN" ( Yes Cronos, YOU! ). That's what you paid for, they give you bugs, you report said bugs, and you move on. Don't like it, GTFO but don't complain about it, because you did that to yourself.

And im not complaining about bugs or vehicles as my computer can handle it easy. I just want the theme of the game to be actually in it.
Nam Offline
#11 Posted : 22 February 2014 14:00:55(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

I'll just follow up on what you first wrote, before you edited your post...

Grow up will you, its embarassing.

The worst part of that is, you are serious... Sad day for Mystical Odour, to have someone like you here..

i was playing dayz since it started from the mod , so hush up with your condescending tone.

I wasn't condescending at all, I was stating facts about the current state of the game.

When it was announced that he was going stand alone for the 1st 8 months all he was doing a world tour and climbing mt everest then probably spent a month or two making this pvp mod for an upgraded arma 2 engine.

What ever some guy does in his private life, is NONE of your damn concern. I don't care if he went to mt. Everest, or the moon, and if he did it for a month, or 2 years. I'm judging the game for what it is, and what it will be in a year from now

Which has completely drifted away from what he 1st created the game for.

I will tell you again: The game in it's current state is nothing compared to what it will be when it's done ( great game, especially for people who have not been playing the mod, such as myself ), and it IS getting better with each patch. You say its completely drifted away from what he created the game for; I say the game is drifting TOWARDS it, to the game it should become and which was Dean Halls' first idea about the game ( not about the countless mods, made by the community )

and id appreciate it if you stfu if you have nothing intelligent to reply with.

Yep, I will after this:

You still don't seem to grasp what they're doing there ( and it's not just Dean Hall creating the game, he oversees most of it, but he has a team of developers, programmers and whatnot doing that for him ). How long do huge game developers take, from start to finish, to create a game. And how many times do those release dates get changed because they're not ready?

And then from after you edited your post:

If you can't take bad criticism of a game without retorting to personal insults then its time to walk away from the scene.

Ahum....
dean hall is a retard.

Well, as I said, I guess it takes one, to know one...
"You rush the hill..."
Lec Offline
#12 Posted : 22 February 2014 14:24:04(UTC)
Lec

Man

I couldnt resist, sorry. :D

Grant me the strength to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Nam Offline
#13 Posted : 22 February 2014 14:30:54(UTC)
Nam

Man
Denmark

And im not complaining about bugs or vehicles as my computer can handle it easy. I just want the theme of the game to be actually in it.

It's not about your computer, it's about the server performance. Hordes of zombies are planned, when they fix the bugs in the engine, and optimize the engine, so it can handle this all server side.

@Lec: Thanks, that made me almost piss my pants...

"You rush the hill..."
Cronos Offline
#14 Posted : 22 February 2014 23:21:10(UTC)
Cronos

Man
United Kingdom

Well, as I said, I guess it takes one, to know one...

that makes 3 of us then.

stix Offline
#15 Posted : 02 March 2014 16:36:16(UTC)
stix

just noticed i´ve been plaing DAYz for 160+ hours(not bad) and i´ve to give point everywhere, good and bad.
first of all:dayz is NOW, in this stage of alpha a ocounter strike with huge map....no matter who you see, he´s going to shot first ask later.
and i hate it(currently playing also rust....found a server with friendly ppl...that from time to time kill me...no problem)

i can see the potential in the game....if u are able to form some kind of "community",which is absolutely impossible rigth now.
bug are here and there....many of them aren´t solved through the patches....zombies still can walk across the walls,your items fall frm 1 floor to the one below...u take thing...take things...take things...tak things...shit, why ist THAT still in my bag after 10 attemps??

but also i´ve nothced something...DAYS in the new APPLE¡¡¡¡
fanboys the defend it no matter what and hater that hate it to the infinite and beyond¡¡¡
you like the game? that´s rigth, enjoy it....maybe some people don´t,asume it too¡¡
you dislike it?? OK¡¡¡ criticize it as much as you want...but don´t attak also those who plays it...or just don´t play it yourself ¬_¬

i hope we get some more interesting games soon...but c´mon...arguing about a FUCKING GAME IS AS STUPID AS IT CAN BE ¬_¬

don´t make the spanyard get angry at u kids :-Þ
(and all of you, learn spanish so i can write not thinking"hope i didn´t make up too many words" ;))