logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dubsix Offline
#1 Posted : 07 January 2014 12:23:41(UTC)
Dubsix

Hello all
I would like to let you know that since 3 days ago my pc stopped turning on. This happened after a bad weather night, now when i press the button to turn on nothing happens. Sadly i cant replace it atm and i wont be able to play for a while.

I tried to open it and try to fix it but i didnt rly understand shit about it..
MrChumble Offline
#2 Posted : 07 January 2014 22:48:17(UTC)
MrChumble

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Well that sucks!

Nothing happening at all? Usually the motherboard will have some flashing LEDs to show what the fault is. If there's no power at all, it might be the power supply. Just test random shit until it works, we need you back!
Dubsix Offline
#3 Posted : 07 January 2014 22:52:58(UTC)
Dubsix

I closed my pc around 2-3 in the night with bad weather, woke up the other day and had no elecricity so i kist went to work. When i came back i tried to turn it on but nothing happened. I then opened the pc case and the weird thing is there was no burning smell. Im not home atm but i didnt notice any lights coming on at all..just no sign of power.. :/
stix Offline
#4 Posted : 08 January 2014 03:06:50(UTC)
stix

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
if u have a spare power supply....could try that.it´s usually the fist thing to die when u´ve power edges....i´ve killed some that way already
Nibsy Offline
#5 Posted : 08 January 2014 11:54:13(UTC)
Nibsy

Czech Republic

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Well, first things first. Do you know what you're doing (you said yourself you know shit what to do...)? If you don't know what to do during disassembly just take the PC to the shop you bought it at, have them look at it.

If you do know what to do then remove all the cards, unplug everything and try to put it back slowly. Have only mobo with cpu (remove even memory blocks), connect psu and try to turn it on. If nothing happens (there are usually start up diodes/lights as Chumble said, but far from always), the cpu fan doesnt move, it's either psu problem or mobo problem (one of them could've died during that storm you had or whatever that was). Often psu catches the spike so it's possible it's the psu. As those are usually cheaper to replace, try to borrow it somewhere or risk it and buy new one. In worse case it's probably mobo that was fucked up and in that case pray it's just a mobo.

If the cpu fan works, try to plug in memory modules and turn it on again. Then add gcard, harddrives etc. You'll find out soon. Most possible it's either psu, gcard or something burnt out due to the electricity spike and in that case everything can be dead bar your keyboard and mouse.

So gl! :p
MrChumble Offline
#6 Posted : 21 January 2014 01:44:20(UTC)
MrChumble

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Bought a new PC yet?! :P